Welcome to the PhysioDirect Online Referral System
Please be assured that any information you provide will be treated in strictest confidence. The information is transmitted to our trained advisors using a secure link which prevents unauthorised people from viewing your information.
Please checkout the following information which gives you advice on using the system. Alternative contact details are provided at the bottom of this page should you require more information.
Can I self-refer?
You must be 16 years of age or over and have musculoskeletal problems such as back pain, neck pain, painful joints, and/or general soft tissues sprains and strains. This includes sports injuries, work related injuries and postural problems.
When should I not self-refer?
You should not self-refer but see your GP urgently if you have had any of the following symptoms since the onset of the problem
- If you have back pain and feel this is causing bladder or bowel problems (difficulty passing water)
- If you have suddenly lost any weight without trying
- If you have dizziness with loss of hearing of one or both sides, black outs, falls
- If you have a previous history of cancer or are currently undergoing treatment for cancer.
Self-referral is not an option if:
- You are under 16 years of age
- You have neurological, breathing or continence problems
If you are registered with a GP in one of Oldham, Heywood, Middleton or Rochdale complete the online referral form
If you have any questions about this service or you are unsure whether you are eligible please telephone your local centre below:
- Oldham - 0161 484 1375
- HMR (Heywood, Middleton, Rochdale) - 0161 716 5888
Useful Information and Advice
For useful information and advice which you may find beneficial in helping you to manage your musculoskeletal condition and information about the musculoskeletal physiotherapy service visit our page on the Trust website.